Pre-Internship Program Admission Requirements
Studied and completed all the formal requirements of the foreign medical school except internship.
- Academic records acceptable to New York Medical College and its affiliated hospitals.
- Obtained a passing score on the medical examiners Step 1 board examination, currently the U.S.M.L.E. exam.
- Letter from the dean of your medical school indicating that this year of supervised clinical training will be in lieu of the year of internship and will satisfy the requirement to obtain the final degree
This program has been developed to satisfy the requirements of the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Mexico, School of Medicine.
In addition, New York Medical College requires applicants to meet the following requirements:
- Students must be a US Citizen or hold resident alien status.
- Canadian Citizens are eligible for entry into the Pre-Internship Program provided they meet the additional requirements. Please contact the Pre-Internship Office for further information.
Entering students are required to have a complete physical examination, laboratory tests and proof of immunizations with antibody titers and an up-to-date negative PPD. The results must be submitted prior to enrollment. A student can choose to pay a fee that will cover the physical exam and the immunizations. All students must be cleared by the College’s Health Service prior to reporting for duty on a hospital floor. Except in emergencies, all students coming to the Health Service must make an appointment. The office handles internal medicine problems, as well as surgical consultations and minor surgery.
HIPPA Certification Certificate Test (login required)
Page updated: June 20, 2012