The Office of Research Administration is responsible for managing all post-award services including:
- Reviews the terms of all grant and contract awards, and negotiates and accepts them on behalf of the College.
- Authorizes initiation of all research projects and sponsored academic programs via a Digest of Award Terms or a “Permission to start letter.”
- Interprets agency requirements for the terms and conditions of awards and transmits them to principal investigators and Restricted Funds Accounting.
- Serves as the institutional prior approval authority, approving budget deviations or requesting required funding agency approval.
- Coordinates submission of final reports.
- Assists, facilitates and manages technology transfer, patent procurement and licensing of novel technology for faculty member.
- Negotiates Material Transfer Agreements and Confidential Disclosure Agreements.
- Negotiates licenses, confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements and research agreements with commercial sponsors.
Please note that ORA authorization, via a Digest of Award Terms or a permission to start letter, is required prior to initiation of work.