POINTS OF PRIDE
- NYMC opened a new Family Health Center, an outpatient faculty practice, providing comprehensive, medical and preventive care in addition to urgent care for employees, family members and patients of all ages.
- BioInc@NYMC, the fully-equipped biotechnology incubator, celebrated its five-year anniversary and expansion that includes an additional 9,500 square feet of new offices, conference rooms, shared-space desks and collaborative space.
- The Health Sciences Library completed renovations on a reading room for quiet study space filled with natural light, ergonomic seating, standing workstations, modular desks and seating booths—all with electrical and USB outlets.
- NYMC houses a state-of-the-art 21,000 square-foot Clinical Skills and Simulation Center, where students receive hands-on training in a replicated hospital setting with standardized patients and mannequins to hone clinical skills in a safe and controlled environment before treating actual patients.
- NYMC expanded its campus to 19 Skyline Drive, a 248,000-square-foot, five-story building providing essential space for offices and new programs.
- The Dr. Edward F. and Mrs. Anna M. Asprinio Fitness Center, offers a state-of- the-art wellness and workout facility for the NYMC community.
- The Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College (TouroCDM) opened in 2016 making it the first new dental school in New York State in nearly half a century, graduating its first class in 2020.
- In 2018, TouroCDM opened a state-of-the-art 32,000-square-foot oral health care facility, Touro Dental Health.
- NYMC and Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) have a 12-year Academic Affiliation Agreement to strengthen the academic medicine programs, clinical care and research practices of both NYMC and WMCHealth.
- A Center of Excellence in Precision and Responses to Bioterrorism and Disasters was created to provide expertise and leadership in preventing, diagnosing and treating public health threats specific to biological and chemical terrorism, and public health emergencies and developing medical countermeasures.
- NYMC’s School of Medicine (SOM) is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) reaffirmed full accreditation of NYMC, recognizing the College for its progress and commending the quality of its Periodic Review Report and internal review process.
- The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) awarded to the School of Medicine.
- NYMC received re-accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Education (ACGME) for its residency and fellowship programs though 2025.
School of Medicine
School of Health Sciences and Practice
Graduate School of Basic Medical Sciences
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Touro College School of Health Sciences' nursing program
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS: 46
SOM affiliate/volunteer: 1084
SOM emeritus: 42
CAMPUS SIZE: 54 Acres
COUNTRIES REPRESENTED INTERNATIONALLY: 22
<1% American Indian/Native Hawaiian
12% Other/Not Specified